Saturday, January 3, 2015

Last Hike of the year! Starved Rock & French Canyon 12-30-2014

I started this hiking blog in March 2014.  I have had a great time and if I must say so myself, I have taken some pretty good photos.  I also have met some wonderful people.  This is my last post of 2014.  This hike is with a couple from New York that had stayed at the Lodge.  The Lodge has an overnight package where you stay the night and get up the next morning and do a 1 hour hike to the top of Starved Rock and into French Canyon.

Amazing view from the top of Starved Rock looking East to Lover's Leap
Look close there are 2 eagles. 
Flag at the top of Starved Rock
Looking at the Lodge from the top of Starved Rock

Solar Panel for the light atop of Starved Rock for the flag
Going into French
Nice ice fall in French Canyon
Darnell and Brook
It was a little chilly while hiking today, but considering it is December..... We saw 2 eagles and a great ice waterfall.  I was surprised when they told me that we have harsher weather than where they live in New York.

I will leave you with this:  Wherever you may hike or walk, just put one foot in front of the other.  It's all about the experience not the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment