Tuesday, January 6, 2015

January 6, 2015 Aurora Canyon- First BIG Snow

We had some snow last night that blanketed the park.  I needed to go on a trail and be the first one making tracks and check it out.  But where to go????  I decided to check out my FAVORITE Canyon.... Aurora.  I wasn't disappointed, I even took a video. ENJOY!!
On my way to the trail... Photo of the Sunset Shelter
I followed the map
I chose Aurora Canyon.  You have to go down the steps, in the canyon and come back up the steps.  It was worth it!!



Aurora Canyon it is! 
I'm the first one!  In case there was any doubt.
Small ice fall in Aurora Canyon.  Video of Aurora Canyon to follow.  


 

Looking up out of Aurora


I hollowed out this hole, do I know the map well or what?
It was such a nice day, I thought I would go to the top of Aurora also. 
Top of Aurora.  If you look close enough you can see my footprints that I left down there.
More of my footprints... Gotta go back to work.
 I am so glad I took the time to check out the new fallen snow.  I had many things to think about while hiking today.  This was a perfect way to start my day!  

I will leave you with this:  Wherever you may hike or walk, just put one foot in front of the other.  It's all about the experience not the destination.



No comments:

Post a Comment