Thursday, January 11, 2018

Wildcat Canyon 01-11-2018

Not even sure I can call this a hike.  There were 24 walkers today that left the Lodge's Lobby.  The plan was to start out on the Campanula Trail to Wildcat Canyon and then continue on the Bluff Trail to LaSalle and Tonty Canyons.  I had a meeting at 10:00a.m. so I was only able to go as far as Wildcat Canyon.  It was warm enough this morning to go with a light jacket.  Some wore yak trax for the ice on the trails.
Wildcat Canyon.  The highlight of my walk today!




There was still some ice under the leaves in places

On the way out to Wildcat, this is one of the feeder streams to French Canyon. 

 This video is of upper Wildcat Canyon.  I have never seen so much ice at this location.

View of Wildcat Canyon from the East Overlook

Looking down into the canyon there is still plenty of snow and ice.

West viewing platform of Wildcat Canyon

The rest of the group went on to LaSalle Canyon via the Bluff Trail.




I will leave you with this:  "Before you act, listen.  before you react, think. Before you spend, earn.  Before you criticize, wait.  Before you pray, forgive.  Before you quit, try."


No comments:

Post a Comment