Monday, May 1, 2017

French & Wildcat Canyons 05-01-2017

Today I went out to scope out the trails for a hike that is scheduled for tomorrow.  I left the Lodge and went into French Canyon.  Leaving French Canyon I came out and went up towards the bluff trail and across the top of Pontiac Canyon.  I followed the trail to Wildcat Canyon taking photos from both overlooks.  I then went down the stairs into Wildcat Canyon and then back up, and back to the Lodge.

Wildcat at its finest

Top of French Canyon

Going into French Canyon



French Canyon, all the way inside the canyon


About 3-4 feet more of water and the bridge leading to the bluff trail will be under water


Wild Geranium

Jack in the Pulpit

May apple

Tree down on the trail by Pontiac Canyon

Pontiac Canyon



Columbine

Wood Betony

Prairie Trillium


Bonus waterfall in Wildcat Canyon, photo was taken from the West Overlook

Top of Wildcat Canyon

The main waterfall in Wildcat Canyon

Both waterfalls in Wildcat Canyon

Coming back to the Lodge, this tree has fallen close to the stairway.

Close up of a Mayapple



My favorite wildflower (at least today it is)  The Shooting Star
I will leave you with this: Life is like making tea! Boil your ego, evaporate your worries, dilute your sorrows, filter your mistakes & get taste of happiness....Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Edna,
    I would like to use one of your photos in my article for Spoon University. It is an article on hiking spots near the Quad Cities and I've included Starved Rock/Matthiessen in the article. I am particularly interested in your photo of French Canyon waterfall. I would include your photography credentials in my article if given permission to use your photo.

    Please contact me with any questions or concerns schrockmorganm@sau.edu
    Thank you!
    Morgan Schrock

    ReplyDelete