Thursday, November 20, 2014

Ottawa, Kaskaskia and Illinois Canyons November 20-2014

Today our Walker's Club had 21 hikers and 1 dog (Cocoa).  It was a little chilly, but no breeze.  About 25 degrees.  I brought out the "musher hat" and of course the flannel lined jeans.  Great day for a hike. 


I don't do well with selfies, but this is my "musher hat". I have 2 of these hats and they are both equally warm.  My kids laugh at me when I wear it, but it is warm. 




Use your imagination.... Can you see the hiking boot?


Going up to Council Overhang


Looking up in Council Overhang


Again, use your imagination.... Can you see the bison?


A little bit of ice fall in Ottawa Canyon

Frozen ice at the bottom of Ottawa Canyon


Looking back coming out of Ottawa Canyon


Jack is contemplating going behind the logs into the cave like area.  (He didn't go, but I did)  See next photo.


I went behind the waterfall area in Kaskaskia Canyon.


Horse tails or snake grass.  They stay green all year.


Found this photographer in Council Overhang on the way back.  Starved Rock Photo Show and Contest will be                  Feb. 22-2015




Honey Locust fruit



Illinois Canyon... Yes there is a waterfall.... next slide will show you the video





What a great group!


On the way out of Illinois Canyon there is this rock formation.  Kind of looks like a toilet, don't you think?
I will leave you with this: Wherever you may hike or walk, just put one foot in front of the other.  It's all about the experience not the destination.

1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog and like it. It's simple and has good quality post. Great capture, love the pictures. You did a great job!

    Get featured visit www.respecttheselfie.com and express positivity even through the web!You are the reason why the world is a beautiful place. Hashtag #respecttheselfie and see if you can find yourself on the instastream on our site

    ReplyDelete