Tuesday, April 7, 2015

April 6th, 2015 Waterfall and Canyon Tour

I organize a Waterfall and Canyon Tour that takes place in April and May only.  Those are the months that the waterfalls are usually most active. They are offered on Mondays and Saturdays.  Because of the great weather and Spring break today we had to add a second trolley.  Miranda was the guide on one trolley with Ava as the trolley driver and I was the guide with Ed as the driver.  We both went to 3 canyons - St. Louis, French and Ottawa.  Each of us went in a different order. Price for the tour is $32 adults and $27 children 10 and under.

First they enjoyed a hot lunch in our dining room and then we split them up between both trolleys.  It was a great day for waterfalls and a great day for Spring wildflowers.  My trolley had 19 people of all ages.  For the most part the trails were in really nice shape.  A little bit of mud, but very doable.
Enjoy!
I couldn't believe it, the Dutchman's Britches were everywhere. 

3 of my group in front of St. Louis Canyon

Couldn't believe all the ice still in St. Louis Canyon

My happy group on Bella!  Celebrate something!  "I'm out of the office"!  We are now traveling to French Canyon

It was busy in French Canyon, but we managed to get a few photos.

French Cayon

Coming out of French, I gave them the option of going to the top of Starved Rock or spending time at the Visitor Center.  We were about 1/2, 1/2.
Once we got back on the trolley, Ed took us to the parking area off of Rt. 71.  Here is the famous hiking boot.

We had to cross a few streams here.  Nobody seemed to mind.

Ottawa Canyon was a big hit.  Everyone enjoyed this canyon the most.  This was the only canyon of the 3 that did not have any ice in or around it.

Hepatica- look for the heart shaped leaves (last year's leaves)

These little sticks will eventually be Mayapples. 

Spring Beauties, these kind of look like Hepatica with grass like leaves


In a few weeks this will be a beautiful patch of Purple Trillium. 
I am a little impatient when it comes to looking for the wildflowers.  I was looking for the Bloodroot, which I have heard was out there. I couldn't find a one where I went today.  Maybe Thursday will be better.  
I will leave you with this: Know that being beautiful if the same thing as being yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment